Manchester City Council

List of licensed rented homes

Many private landlords need a licence from the council to rent out their accommodation; it depends on the type of property, and where it is. See which landlords need a licence.

Find out here if your landlord - or the landlord of a property you're interested in - has a licence. See how long the licence lasts, and how to get more details. Request information for a property which should be licensed.

The register contains licensed HMOs as of the date the register was published, if you require information on a specific HMO that doesn't appear on this register email:

Put the property number and/or street name below; or put the postcode.
Use the first part of the of the postcode – M21 for example – if you don’t know it all.